Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to the website www.thinkbooker.com (“the Site”) which is run by Uprise Marketing Ltd – trading as UpriseVSI (“the Company”) of 10 Drake Walk, Brigantine Place, Cardiff, CF10 4AN.
Version 2 25-05-18
The Company recognises the importance of honest and responsible use of your personal information. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) explains how the Company collects, uses and discloses personal information about you when you visit this Site and when you contact the Company, whether by e-mail, post, fax or telephone using the contact options on this Site. The information you provide to us through the Site will initially be collected by Uprise Marketing Ltd, but may then be shared with other Uprise Marketing companies.
It is important to us that you feel comfortable in visiting the Site.
What type of information does the Company collect and why?
If you want to contact us or to use certain facilities we provide on this Site, you will need to provide us with some additional personal information so that we can liaise with you and deal with your request, query or application. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy.
What type of personal information does the Company collect?
Where you choose to provide personal details to us, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- your full name;
- your contact details e.g. address, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- the reason for your contact, which may be an enquiry, a request or enquiry on behalf of someone else, providing a comment, or details in relation to a possible or existing order or service contract;
- if you create an account – your password, e-mail address and your full name, address and post code;
- if you purchase Uprise Marketing services/products online – title and full name, email address, phone number, billing address. delivery address;
- employment and personal and educational details you choose to provide to use as part of any application for employment e.g. your employee ID, including social security number, other governmental identity number, and if needed, driver’s license number and/or passport number, your date of birth, place of birth, nationality (and where applicable dual or former nationality) and eligibility (including evidence) to work in the relevant country;
- your contact and marketing preferences;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you;
- standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave on our Site. The information we may collect includes information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals whom you have indicated have agreed for you to provide their personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies, and other third parties. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other company services.
How does the Company use information about you?
The Company may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or with our services. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- to process and administer your job or similar application(s) (including placement or apprenticeship opportunities, as appropriate) and/or your order(s) or purchase(s) of our products and/or services;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
- to administer the Site;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you (directly, either by the Company or through a relevant partner or agent) by e-mail or phone for the above reasons;
- subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing that you have requested;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of a relevant company’s business or assets;
- to perform any contract the Company has with you; and
- for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that the Company maintains will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases as set out in more detail below.
In most cases, the information the Company processes about you is required to deal with your request or registration, or required by law, or is necessary for the exercise of the Company’s legitimate business interests and needs, in which case special care is taken to safeguard your rights and to ensure any such use is proportionate.
The Company may also convert personal information into anonymous data and use it (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis to improve Company performance.
What is the legal basis for the use of personal data?
The legal basis on which we rely to process your personal information include:
- On some occasions, we process your data with your consent (for example, when you agree that we may place cookies or process information that you input into our website).
- On other occasions, we process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you (for example, for billing purposes) or where we are required to do this by law (for example, to comply with record keeping obligations).
- We also process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights (including for example, when we share data with our affiliates).
Does the Company share personal information with third parties?
Your personal information will be made available for the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time), on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and only to responsible management, human resources, accounting, legal, audit, compliance, information technology and other Company staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within the Group. Please note that certain individuals who will see your personal information may not be based at the Company or in your country (please see below).
We may share personal information within the Company as needed for reasonable management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfilment and for use by the company for the other purposes described in this Policy.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties (within or outside the Company) providing relevant services under contract to the Company, (see below for further details), such as credit card processors, auditors and compliance managers, provider or call centres and IT hosting and IT maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf. The Company has put in place various security and data privacy measures, including with such third parties, in order to protect personal information and shall seek to comply with applicable legal requirements.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the business.
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
“Digital Marketing Service Providers”
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
WHAT CHOICES DOES THE COMPANY OFFER YOU WITH REGARD TO DIRECT MARKETING?
The Company may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post, social media or SMS. We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law.
WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Company takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of the Company, or their agents.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE TO REVIEW AND AMEND PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to review and access your personal information held by the Company.
You also have the right to ask us to rectify, block, complete and delete your personal information, to restrict its use, and to ‘port’ your personal information (that is, to ask us to provide it to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to transmit it directly to another organisation).
In addition, you have the right to request further information about the handling of your personal information.
If you wish to do so, or to notify the Company of a change in your details, please contact email@example.com and/or post to UpriseVSI, 10 Drake Walk, Brigantine Place, Cardiff, CF10 4AN.
There are exceptions to these rights, however. For example, access to personal information may be denied in some circumstances if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. In addition, we may be able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
If you have a question about the use of your personal information, or wish to file a complaint about it, please contact us using the contact details set out above.
Finally, if you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities
Keeping you informed
When we store your information, we do so for as long as necessary to (i) fulfil the specific purposes for which your personal information was collected to perform the services set out in this notice and (ii) to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights.
We also use Google Analytics and Lead Forensics on our Site to collect information about your online activity on the Site, such as the Web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. For more information about the information gathered using Google Analytics please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. You can prevent these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Site. You may download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The cookies used on our Site are categorised in accordance with the International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom Cookie Guide as follows:
- Cookies which are “strictly necessary” for functionality of the Site’s platforms. These cookies are essential in order to enable users to move around the Site and use its features.
- “Performance” cookies which collect information about how users navigate the Site, for example, which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with our Site, any errors that occur, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These cookies do not collect any information which could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Site works and understand what interests our Site’s users.
- “Functionality” cookies which allow the Site to remember choices you make and your preferences as a logged in user (based on e.g. your user name).
- “Targeting or advertising” cookies used to deliver adverts relevant to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which are tailored to interests associated with the website activity tied to that machine or device. For example, if a cookie on a third party website recognises that a particular product was purchased from a particular device, that cookie may “talk to” marketing cookies on the Site to ensure advertisements about similar products displayed on the Site are accessed from that device. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also remember that the Site has been visited from a device and share that information with marketing organisations. The marketing cookies on our Site are operated by third parties with our permission. Marketing cookies are used to monitor from which advertising source a user was directed towards our Site so that we know whether it is worth us investing in that particular advertising source.
Below is a summary of the cookies used in this website:
|Cookie preference||VSICookieStatus||This cookie is used to remember that a user has been shown the cookie information panel and accepted it.|
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|ASP.NET cookies||ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is essential for use of the website, as it creates an anonymous “session” that allows the website to respond to your requests. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser. Visit the Microsoft website|
|YouTube cookies||We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.|
|reg_fb_gate||The first Facebook page visited in that browser|
|Leadforensics||__hstc||Hubspot analytics used to provide feedback on website usage.|
|Leadforensics||__lotl||Used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||__lotr||Used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||_ga||Google analytics used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||_hubspotuk||Hubspot analytics used to provide feedback on website usage.|
|Leadforensics||_lo_u||Used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||_lo_uid||Used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||_lo_v||Used to provide feedback on website usage, and does not store any personal information about you.|
|Leadforensics||_vwo_uuid_v2||Wingify cookie for performance monitoring|
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or services on our Site.