Welsh Rugby UnionBooking System for Rugby Camps
The Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) is the governing body for rugby in Wales, overseeing all levels of the sport from minis and juniors, to grass roots, clubs, regions, and the international teams for both men and women.
With its home at the world-famous Principality Stadium in Cardiff, the WRU is one of the most recognisable global brands to emanate from Wales.
The WRU were in need of a new online booking system for the children’s rugby camps which they run across the Dragons Region and in North Wales. With a full programme planned for the 2017 summer holiday period, the WRU wanted the system in place in time to capture new bookings for each of the courses. This system needed to be easy to use and fully accessible to parents on any device, to encourage increased bookings through this channel. It also needed to cut down on the amount of manual admin tasks that WRU staff had to undertake in the lead up to each camp.
- Create a new responsive booking platform to work on all digital devices, delivering a positive customer experience for parents
- Provide a solution that ensured all essential pre-camp information was gathered in a way that was easy for parents, while minimising admin tasks for the WRU staff
- Adhere to the WRU brand guidelines and ensure the customer journey was fully compliant
- Deliver a facility that allows WRU management to capture client data and booking histories, to aid with future marketing activity
- Provide up-to-the-minute reporting on revenue, booking numbers, and course registers
- Deliver the full system, designed, developed and rolled-out in a very short timeframe to take bookings for their summer 2017 programme
User Experience (UX)
UX is a fundamental step with any successful booking system. The design & UX team worked to ensure the system provided a logical, simple to use and visually appealing booking journey for bookers on all devices.
As a global brand, recognised across the rugby-playing world, it was imperative to ensure brand guidelines was met to ensure users never felt they were being moved away from WRU property to a 3rd party provider, maintaining brand consistency and integrity.
The Booking System
- Improved customer experience through a quick and simple to use online booking journey
- The ‘My Bookings’ section improved convenience for parents and encouraged rebooking
- Automating tasks such as confirmation emails and registers greatly reduced admin
- Secure database of customers and transactions enhanced business intelligence
- Mobile responsive design increased bookings on the move and sped up ‘walk-up’ bookings
3x Return on Investment
The system achieved 3 times the Return on Investment by end of the first month.
More Return Bookings
Increase in the number of customers re-booking kids onto future camps.
Site Launched in 4 Weeks
The system was was designed and delivered in less than 4 weeks
We’re absolutely delighted with our new online booking system. Booking rates have been excellent, and we’ve noticed a huge reduction in admin that’s allowed our staff to be a lot more productive with their time.