It doesn’t matter the size of your business or the sector in which you operate; social media should be a major part of your sales and marketing plans. And, if you’re a business that relies on taking bookings for appointments, room hire, courses or events, then your social platforms can be a powerful arena to increase your sales and boost your revenue.
Generate Awareness of your Products
Want to put your products out there for your customers and potential customers to find?
Then they need to be shared across your social media accounts.
Because almost all of your customers are, in one way or another, actively using social media.
Create A Compelling Reason for Booking
Social media outlets can be a great place to generate some ‘buzz’ around your business and your products.
- Share videos, images or other visual content via your company pages that showcase your resource, event or service in the best light
- Let your customers know that demand is high. If you’re selling places on a training course or event, knowing there’s only a few places left might be the encouragement required to make the booking
- Create a hashtag for your event and encourage those already booked on to use it when they post that they’re attending
Targeted Paid Advertising
Paid advertising or sponsored posts are a powerful way to get your brand, products and services in front of the audience that you are trying to attract.
Making the decision to pay for online advertising is not something to be taken lightly. Like any other kind of marketing investment, you want to see a return on that investment; and advertising can always run the risk of failing to hit its mark.
However, there’s often a compelling case to be made for choosing social media platforms to make this investment.
- Your customers are there – as we’ve already established, half of the world’s population are using social media so it stands to reason that your customers are among that figure. If you’re going to pay for advertising, it might as well be where your customers are active
- Laser-Accurate Targeting – In comparison to many other advertising platforms, both digital and traditional, the granular level to which you can target prospects, on Facebook in particular, is amazing. You can focus your campaigns based on user behaviours, likes, location, age and gender, allowing you to get really specific with your adverts and sponsored posts
- It’s relatively cheap – If you compare ads on Facebook, versus other pay-per-click channels, or even more traditional ad spaces such as newspapers, then it can be an extremely cost-efficient method of attracting the kind of traffic that can lead to new bookings.
Use the Book Now Button on Facebook
If you are going to commit to investing in advertising on the Facebook platform, then you can provide your customers with a fast-track route directly to your online booking system.
When you create an ad or boost a post for your products or services, you can select the option to add a BOOK NOW button as a prominent call-to-action on the post, meaning that the customer can start their booking journey within social media.
A quick and easy pathway to the checkout that demonstrates a user-friendly customer experience that can go a long way to increasing the booking rates in your business.
Social media is such an indelible part of a business’ marketing strategy that it is simply foolhardy to ignore it when you are looking to attract both new bookings and returning customers to your services.
From generating amazing content that showcases your products, our culture and your brand, to build an engaged audience, to targeted offers and a smooth user journey at every juncture, using social media in conjunction with a slick online booking system will help your revenue and maintain a loyal customer base.
At thinkBooker, we specialise in online booking systems for training courses, classes, activities and events – optimised for efficiency, growth and ongoing client satisfaction.
Read more of our marketing insight posts here: